Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Life: Part 3 (religious fanaticism episode-now)

There were no interuptions until about 3 years later. I had wandered too far from the summmer pack-home and got too close to a village. They found me and didn’t know what to do with me, so they took me to the village priest. This man was not a very good man. From my experience with him, I think he took the job because that way he could live off the offerings to the church and wouldn’t have to work. He proclaimed me the devil and said I was to be burned at the stake tomorrow at high noon (according to him, the devil’s weakest time). But before that, I was to be chained and locked up in someone’s cellar and starved. It was then I found out my talent for locks. I quickly escaped my prison and fled to the woods, taking a rather nice set of two daggers, the one human tool I remembered how to use. Of course they searched after me, but by then I was miles away, snuggled up with the pups, in the summer pack-home. That was the only bad time, until one day, about 7 years later, when the pack and I were hunting (it was elk-run and the pups were hungry) and we came across a strange structure. It was like pack-home (a cave/burrow, for those who don’t understand), but above ground! (for those who don’t understand who are reading this, it was a house. Echo’s and Radar’s to be exact) Of course, the pack wanted to stay away, as it smelled like human, but I, with my humanoid curiosity, just had to go in. Then, Echo and everyone found me and my story lies with them. 

The pack and I parted ways. I know what you’re all thinking “oh, so sad! they were for her family for 10 years and they just left!” Well, its different for wolves. To them, I was a pup, and pups need to go out and either join another pack or start a new one. It was only natural. 

And yet, even now, I can look out on clear moonlit nights and hear the pack-song...I-I want to join them...

See Ya! (and yes I still have the dagger)

Storm

No comments: